FUMC has been a part of the Westfield community since 1859. The original sanctuary was replaced by second one, dedicated in 1877. A steeple, housing a clock and bell, was added for a re-dedication in 1886.
The current sanctuary is the third constructed at 1 East Broad Street. It was dedicated in 1911 and houses the historic 1886 E. Howard Clock and Meneely Bell.
This Westfield Leader article provides an interesting history of the clock and bell. Tours of the clock and bell tower can be arranged by contacting John R. Panosh through the church office. Groups of 15-20 can be accommodated. Children should be at least seven years old and adequate supervision must be provided.